Pages

Thursday 16 January 2020

The end of the Congo for me

So maybe I was heading to Botswana, I liked my job in the Democratic Republic of Congo but that job is closing and this opportunity has come around so it is time to move on despite not wanting to leave.


However, that possibility is becoming more remote by the day, the human resources department is poorly run and not responding to phone calls or emails. I can tell this isn't a very organised company, they are unlikely to support me when problems arise and I am pretty sure they will.

It is not difficult to work out that a lack of management support will hinder staff development, an experienced worker can easily spot this before they even start. So now the Congo is finishing and Botswana is not going to be the contract I expecting to move to. Don't think it is going to happen so time to look for the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment