Pages

Thursday 2 May 2019

My final day

I  came to work Friday three hours late, it was planned as I had my final appointment booked for my medical, I still didn't have clearance to travel to site, that happened after midday. I received notification during the afternoon when I checked my email at 4 pm, then I knew I was going.


I took a class, it was tuning diesel engines that involved inline pump timing, rotary pump timing, mechanical injector setting, EUI setting and finally hydraulic injector testing. Naturally, I was counting down the sessions with four hours to go, two hours to go and then thirty minutes to go.

When I walked back into the staff room it was almost empty, that's exactly what I wanted as there were just three people left, one left early and as I checked my computer for the final time, I walked through the near empty staff room and headed for the door. I shook two hands and walked out, didn't look back and headed towards the bus stop.

This is exactly the way I wanted to leave, no discussion, no fanfare and I would have been happy to not see anyone. What I wanted to do was walk out, disconnect and never look back and my first action was to do exactly that - I walked out the door and kept walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment