Pages

Saturday 5 March 2016

What a mess

I love having an old man who speaks his mind, there are times he might make the odd inappropriate remark but his insights more than makes up for his indiscretions.

I had people living with me, on one trip at the last moment he told me his girlfriend was coming along too. This normally isn't a problem but since he would be staying half a year, it could be uncomfortable if I didn't get along with her, after all - it was sight unseen.

It didn't take me long to work out she was a pain in the arse, now it was time to count down until she left. So when we came home with me after being out for lunch and my place looked like a bomb had gone off, his first words out of his mouth were "what a mess!!!" 

It is really disrespectful to stay at someone's house for no charge and make a mess of everything, I don't want to work all day and come home to a mess caused by a person sitting around doing nothing all day.

The second year she came back I was surprised to see she was quite pregnant; once again, I received no prior warning she would be having the baby when she was in Australia - great. Now I would have a new born baby living at my place, this is not what I wanted.

Still, that is what I ended up with so my place was left in a mess from a 22 year old who had spent her whole life sponging off people, she never had a real job and never earned a dollar in her life.

She had done some baby sitting for people so she would argue she had worked, but then again I have done baby-sitting before and not earned a cent in income so I don't see baby-sitting as a job when I do it for free.

At 22, never getting up to head off for work is really lazy, the commute, a boss that rides you, workmates that are indifferent, stress, workplace injury and then payment for your efforts so you can pay your bills so you can do it all again next week.

But as the non-employed; it would be unusual to see her out of bed before 11 am. In her defense, she did cook evening dinners and wash the dishes up.

But how could a wannabe housewife be totally unable to wash dishes without chipping every plate and cup I owned? She broke every crystal glass I had, those things are expensive so the question needs be be asked.

Is she so unskilled that she can wash a dish without damage or was she so disrespectful to the person that was housing her for free that she damaged my property out of spite?

I have never chipped a dish of cup, I treat these objects carefully because I calculate how much work I have to perform in after tax hours to pay for such objects.

But then again, her partner who was then my business partner fled the country and left all the bills of the business for me to pay. I have to live here and I have the ethics to pay my bills and not run away - I understand where she gets her cues from.

No comments:

Post a Comment