Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Getting into Amway

As a young guy, I got involved in Amway. I was an apprentice diesel mechanic who became involved through my friend's through work. They were older than me and wanted to achieve their financial goals so I was happy hanging with an older crowd motivated to their family and getting ahead. 


I wasn't successful in the Amway world, I couldn't sign anyone up as nobody was interested in taking business advice from a seventeen year old who had achieved nothing. That didn't matter to me, I went to all their meetings, conferences and symposiums, yet I was unable to sign anyone to increase my distributorship channels.

What I learnt about motivation, business and goal setting still helps me today. I started reading books like The Magic of Thinking Big, The Richest Man in Babylon and How to Win Friends and Influence People - not a bad reading list for a seventeen year old. Whilst I never succeeded in the Amway world, what I learnt helped me in life to not only set and achieve goals. 

I wanted to be involved in a small business and this helped me reach my financial goals. I learned about generating a passive income, to build personal relationships and business structures. What I learnt through interacting with Amway helped me to succeed in other areas - this was a great learning experience.   

No comments:

Post a Comment