Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Diving Eagle Bay - Dunsborough

It was early in the 2000s I was diving down in Dunsborough on a regular basis - that was about weekly on many occasions. I was running dive tours with a strong Japanese clientele, it was fun times for me as I would take a minimum of four people to dive the West Australian south west coast.


A favourite shore diving location was Eagle Bay, a reasonably short drive out of the Dunsborough township heading to Meelup. We would park the bus under the trees, gear up and swim out to a small reef in about 6 metres of water. The crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean were great in the morning before the wind arrived - plenty of marine life in a wonderfully scenic location.

We would take a couple of shore dives early, head down to Meelup Beach to have lunch under the shade of the large trees before heading back for a spot of wine tasting at Wise winery - I can't remember why I ever handed this job in? I was having the time of my life - I'm sad it is all over for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment