Pages

Tuesday 26 May 2015

A 2008 Penfolds Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz

A Friday night and drinks with my old man was in order; on the trip from work to my parent's house, I stopped off at the local bottle shop and purchased a 2008 Penfolds Bin 28 Kalimna shiraz - I am glad of my choice. The shiraz exhibited classic Bin 28 fruits and maturation complexities, satsuma conserve and a very faint cigar box background, as per their tasting notes. You have to love the internet, I went online and downloaded from the Penfolds website the 2008 tasting notes. 


Aromas of a basking Sunday roast and simmering Beef Bourgogne shadowed by tumeric and dark Calamatta olive were also described in the notes. Full-bodied and assertive - the shiraz was certainly that. It was also described as neither bullying with alcohol nor oak with dense layered texture & all bases covered with blueberry Barossa fruits exposed - I totally agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment