Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

Disconnected in an interconnected world

After becoming accustomed to continuous inter-connectivity in the internet age, being left disconnected whilst on holiday in Bali, Indonesia takes a little getting used to. But you ask, don't they have a pretty good service in Bali? Usually the WiFi works for the best part, but it goes down pretty easily too, now I am beginning to rely on remaining connected.


I handle all my booking online, likewise for banking; after all, you have to pay for all of this. When you find your self disconnected, you are unable to communicate, book, bank or even browse - it is an unusual feeling for a person accustomed to continual connectivity. I had an assignment due, I am glad I completed and submitted early, likewise, a job application with a hard deadline. It was well worth the extra stress and effort to complete the tasks early.

No comments:

Post a Comment