Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2015

2006 Rosemount show reserve chardonnay

Sitting in my alcohol fridge, I still have a number of bottles of 2006 Rosemount show reserve chardonnay I purchased from my wine dealer laying on their side chilling. On file, they know I like old style wooded chardonnay in summer; I remember their pitch, pull out your shoulder pads and roller skates, this is a throwback to old style winemaking.


Looking at the tasting notes, this chardy is pale gold colour, reminiscent of cat's piss yellow. Peach and mango fruit accentuate the biscuit and spicy tobacco oak the overtones. While they describe this chardy palate as medium to full bodied, I feel it is definitely full bodied. A mix of tropical fruit, peach, ripe lemon, peach, spicy oak with savoury lees flavours round out this well crafted Hunter Valley offering. The tasting notes suggest this chardonnay drinks best between 2008 - 2010; yet in early 2015, this chards is still drinking well. I sometimes wonder if I am missing out on the 2008 - 2010 version.

No comments:

Post a Comment