Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2020

Red Horse beer

I can't say I'm a fan of Philippines beer, the leading brewery in the country is San Miguel in terms of sales and brand awareness. An option worth exploring when in the Philippines is Red Horse Beer.


Not that I reckon it is great beer, it is in my opinion the best of a series of poor options. So what is better about Red Horse? Firstly, I will have to compare local beers as none of the Philippine beers stack up against imported beers.

So, apart from the obvious, why would you choose Red Horse over San Miguel? I believe Red Horse is a better beer because it has a stronger flavour first and foremost. My research indicated this is indeed a full strength beer with an alcohol content of 8%

What really threw me is learning this is brewed by San Miguel Corporation, the beer was developed as a direct competitor to higher alcohol imported Asian beers. Whilst an enormous business in the Philippines, the San Miguel Corporation produces plenty of dubious quality beer, at least Red Horse is a half decent product.

No comments:

Post a Comment