Pages

Thursday 12 November 2020

Mosswood Amy's 2014

Every trip down to Margaret River in the South West coast of Australia has seen me miss every opportunity to visit Moss Wood's Wilyabrup winery. Just three hours drive south of Perth, this winery remains elusive for me to visit.


I found the soft oak influences not overbearing, this Bordeaux style wine is blended with Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Malbec and Merlot. I have drunk pure Petit Verdot and found it a little too strong in tannin although it has fantastic blackcherry and violet flavours.

Likewise, I have found Malbec to be too one dimensional as a stand alone wine but perfect for blending with generous blueberry flavours. The Mosswood Cabernet is a very expensive bottle of wine, what I like about the Amy's collection is I am able to drink Mosswood on a budget.  

No comments:

Post a Comment