Pages

Thursday 4 June 2020

The Vasse Felix Classic Dry Series

I have been a big fan of Vasse Felix wines for a very long time now. Whilst my favourites are their Margaret River cabernet sauvignon, shiraz and chardonnay; the classic dry range is worth visiting.
 

The Classic Dry White is a blend of Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc with the citrus flavours of the Semillon complementing the passionfruit of the Sauvignon Blanc. Whilst summer is over for now, I will make sure I am stocked up for Christmas.

The Classic Dry Red surprised me, I had always thought it was a blend. So when I found out it was 100% shiraz, that was not what I expected, I had always thought it was a Cab/Shiraz blend. Even more surprising was 100% French oak maturation for 12 months, this was a mix one year to five year old barriques.

For a very long time I thought the Classic Dry Red was a better drink than their Cabernet Merlot, I am reconsidering my preferences now. The Cab/Merlot is a pretty decent drop, but it is a different range to the Classic Dry Red and pitched at a different price point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment