Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Cathay Pacific flights

It's been a long time since I have flown Cathay Pacific, it was a pleasant experience and I hope to fly with them again in the future.


I flew Perth to Hong Kong, a short stopover and then onto Cebu just before Christmas for a week returning on Christmas eve. Despite all the problems occurring in Hong Kong at the moment, there was no disruptions.

The return flight was good but the connections were less so, I had an 20:05 flight from Cebu arriving at 22:58. The question was then, do I get a hotel for the night or sleep at the airport? Being a cheap bastard, the airport sleepover was the option for me.

The last thing I need is stamps in my passport so while I was interested in catching the train into Kowloon to look around for the morning as my 15:05 flight offered me plenty of time, the potential disruptions with protesters and missing my flight just wasn't worth it.

For me, that's a real shame as these hub destinations give me the opportunity for a look around. I have been to Hong Kong before but there is so much I haven't seen. I guess this will be another trip as I hope to be flying Cathay Pacific in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment