Pages

Thursday 11 June 2020

A quick trip to Iloilo City

I visited Iloilo city for a single day on a dive trip; I must say, I wasn't much impressed with the city. Whilst I found the island of Panay reasonably interesting, I found Iloilo City dirty and run down.


They had a large shopping mall that I visited during the evening, there wasn't much going on during a Sunday afternoon. Saturday night wasn't exciting, it was a boring Saturday night. Due to the ineptness of Cebu Pacific, my morning flight saw me arrive after dark on Saturday night so I never got to create a great first impression.

The city really needs to get their act together, they need to get the roads fixed, the footpaths neat and straight and the rubbish cleaned up. If the city is left dirty and run down, the residents will lack the pride in the city and treat it accordingly; this is a city in a dire need of an facelift.

No comments:

Post a Comment