Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2020

Laureate Australia - they don't even accept the qualifications they award

We had an economic slowdown in Australia with a tight jobs market and stagnant wage growth. Whilst still employed, I was seeking to expand my career and began seeking enhanced job opportunities. In 2018 I applied for the role of Head of Learning Experience Design at Laureate Australia and never received a reply.


I have a Bachelor of Training and Development from an Australian university that wasn't awarded by Laureate Australia. However, I did hold at the time of application twelve years experience in an educational leadership role and a Master of Business Administration from Torrens University.

Whilst I fully understand that does not guarantee me a job, you would expect the university who awarded your highest qualification to at least offer a response regarding your application to an advertised job. I appreciate there may be better qualified and experienced applicants who applied, but surely your alumni would receive the courtesy of at least an acknowledgement of an unsuccessful application. 

I did not even receive a reply from Laureate Australia let alone a shortlisting. It would appear that Laureate Australia does not place a premium on the qualifications they award. It certainly didn't improve my employment prospects on this occasion. I spent a great deal of money on my Torrens University education, surely some feedback on why my application was unsuccessful would be warranted.

When the qualification you received is not highly regarded from the university that granted the award that you are using to further your career. It is understandable that other potential employers will place even less emphasis and value on a Torrens University MBA than they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment