Pages

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Sipping Riesling in Frankfurt

It was a cool Friday evening, glancing at my watch, it had just turned 7:30 and the crowd was in a wonderful mood. The first thing I noticed was everyone was standing around sipping Rhine Riesling on this beautiful autumn evening.


In the plaza, pop-up bars abounded, a plethora of options were available, there was no shortage of choices, the real issue was to find a clear spot to stand. As I wandered up to the one of many bars, I was astounded at the choices of Riesling on offer.

I was offered a selection with a simple question of sweet or dry? This wasn't a difficult decision, of course, the answer was dry. I was given the option of a tasting that supported my initial selection and a glass was poured with a choice of 0.1 at €2.50 or 0.2 at €5.

The choices are so simple, there was a €2.50 deposit for the glass that wasn't unreasonable, I was so happy to be drinking from a decent quality glass at a pop-up bar in the heart of Frankfurt.

Friday evening was a wonderful atmosphere, guys in suits standing around soaking up the long days of sunlight, women in work attire happily chatting away after their work week had drawn to a close and the weekend approached.

This was a great lead into the weekend, everyone was happy and I certainly was. I found Frankfurt to be a wonderful place to visit, I would certainly be happy living in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment