Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2019

Almost considered unemployable

I spent too long employed in the state government, I was just about considered unemployable back in the private sector. That all changed now, I am so glad to be out of the government and all of its inherent problems.


I understand that the perception of government employees is viewed as under worked, overly regimented and inflexible - it actually pretty accurate. Well, this perception is based on my personal work experiences anyway.

Fortunately, I am now employed in a leadership position, that offers a degree of freedom to run your area as you see fit - I escaped mediocrity.

Naturally, leadership roles come with a degree of stress involved but that is the trade-off for the lack of physical excursion involved. But now I am back in the private sector, I am no longer seen as an employment risk and in a year or two I will be employable again.

So why are long-term government employees seen as an employment risk? It is pretty obvious really, the perceptions are fairly accurate, lazy, a lack of accountability, indecisive, lacking vision, leadership posters hanging everywhere with no positive leadership examples to speak of. It's a pretty damning review and unfortunately fairly accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment