Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2018

The 2016 Leeuwin Estate Siblings Sauvignon Blanc Semillon

I had a taste of this Sauvignon Blanc Semillon on the last week of winter, but for me a SBS is a summer wine and I still had the heater on. Ok, spring was on it's way but it just didn't feel right - still way too cold for me.


The Siblings SBS is a blend of 60% Sauvignon Blanc and 40% Semillon that is pale straw in colour with a faint green tinge. The tasting notes told me this SBS had notes of tropical fruits, nectarines, grapefruit and citrus with herbaceous grassy characters.

To be honest, I struggled to identify some these flavours and found this SBS a little non-descript on this particular evening, this is maybe due to my pre-conceived notions of what determines summer wine.

I can say I pretty much hate winter, I am always looking forward to summer taking the bulk of my overseas trips during the winter months. In the future, I am hoping to engage in overseas travel and live the endless summer in my retirement.

I look forward to spending half the year in the northern hemisphere during the Australian winter before returning home for the summer months.

Now that we are officially in spring and the weather is improving, I look forward to revisiting this SBS on a hot Sunday afternoon as I enjoy a refreshing white wine in the warmer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment