Pages

Thursday 4 October 2018

Business class envy

I read that economy passengers who walk through business class to reach their seats are angry with travelling in cattle class. I am more than happy to travel in the rear of the plane, envy is not an emotion I suffer from, I prefer cheap airfares. If my company is willing to pay for business class then great, I am more than happy for them to increase their travel bill, but I don't want to empty out my bank account just to pay for premium seats.


Would entering the plane through the front door be better? Well yeah, they are clearly the better seats, they serve better food, provide more attentive service and the list goes on. Naturally, premium service comes at increased cost  - a bill I'm not willing to pay the extra charges.

For the airlines, business class provides increased revenue with higher margins and if you are willing to pay the extra costs then so be it, but don't get all envious and angry if you see what the extra charges get you. There are choices and we have the ability to select business class at time of booking - pull your head in.

No comments:

Post a Comment