Pages

Thursday 11 October 2018

So where is Google+ going?

I have been a user of Google+ for a number of years now but I am unsure how much time I need to invest in this media platform as it's future is somewhat uncertain. I read many an article stating that Google+ is finished yet the network is still running - nay the naysayers.


Barely just two weeks after the June 2011 launch of Google+; its follower base hit a staggering 10 million users - impressive. By the end of the 2011, more than 90 million users had Google+ accounts - this was a highly successful product launch. I tend to feel that most of these users are pretty much inactive; G+ holds plenty of accounts but not many are regular users. I follow a number of the photography pages and the quality of uploads is outstanding.

The social media platform has some interesting communities and the followers seem less inclined to attack each other in a way that Facebook users get really personal and trivial. When I publish a post on Blogger, that post is immediately shared on the G+ network and whilst people may disagree with my views, they are generally respectful. I enjoy publishing on G+ and I really hope this social media site continues although I have to admit I really only log onto G+ when I am using my tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment