Pages

Thursday 9 November 2017

The new world tour

As Paul McCartney prepares to return to Perth twenty four years after he kicked off his New World Tour at Subiaco Oval in 1993. I expected a fairly laid back acoustic show - boy was I in for a surprise.


Now, Sir Paul will return to Perth for an outdoor concert at NIB stadium on December 2. I'm really looking forward to this concert and I won't be reading any critic's reviews. The local newspaper, The West Australia wrote a stinging review that was received very poorly by anyone who was at the concert. The next day, my fellow concert goer friend and I were walking around with concert t-shirts and I was constantly asked if the concert was really that bad.

I couldn't believe it as it was a fantastic concert, there was so much going on with big screen monitors arranged around the stage, helicopters flying overhead, flame throwers and all matter of props. That surprised me, I was there for the music and Paul didn't disappoint - he was terrific. Based on what I saw at The New World Tour, I reckon his new tour One on One will be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment