Pages

Tuesday 14 November 2017

Andrew was right

I was miserable and I knew it, I had to get out of this job but the redundancy packages, redeployment and finally severance packages robbed me of opportunity as the state government finances collapsed as the mining construction boom derailed the state economy.


My toxic work environment formed a large portion of my personal stress; I hated my job and I knew there was only one option - get out of this place. I read Andrew's advice very carefully and I was determined to put it into action. I am aware I needed to leave, the problem was the individuals who were robbing me of opportunity by their corrupt practices were also exposing themselves to investigation.

Regardless, I believed in myself and I knew I needed to generate opportunities. First, I needed to pick up my certificate from Torrens University. I then needed to network at the awards ceremony when I flew to Adelaide and see what opportunities present themselves outside of the sphere of the Western Australian government.

Finally I needed to check international employment, I originally was employed in the construction and mining industries - I could capitalise on this experience. Yes, Andrew was right, there are opportunities that I need to pursue, I need to find happiness in my work and get out of my current corrupt employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment