Pages

Tuesday 7 November 2017

Eating out in Hong Kong - Fisher & Farmer

Heading down to the Tsim Sha Tsui area of Kowloon, the interactive mobile phone that was offered by our hotel recommended the Fisher and Farmer restaurant. So off we went on a stunning Friday night in Hong Kong.


This was apparently one of the restaurants in Hong Kong to visit, arriving at 8 pm without a booking was always be troublesome and after waiting for an hour we were seated. There wasn't much of a wine list so the drinks were beer, so the choice was Corona. For the meal, we started with a dumplings as the entrée, the Peking duck was recommended but I can't say I was overly impressed and since desert wasn't on the cards, we left even without coffee.

I'm neither a Hong Kong local or Chinese resident so while I wasn't much impressed with the Peking duck, this reputation of this restaurant is highly rated and the Peking duck is a specialty. It is not difficult to work out the issue stems from my tastes and not their cooking, I wanted local food and not westernised food so in that respect, I got what I wanted and appreciate the meal for what it was. The acid test always is, would I go back and eat there again, the answer is a resounding yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment