Pages

Thursday 16 November 2017

Line - the messaging app

Working in training and education, I see rampant mobile phone use at the most inappropriate times; the most favoured app for students to chat with during class is Line, the messaging app. I can't say I knew too much about it before except for seeing the logo and green coloured screen when I bust them using their phones.


So I decided to do so research into this app, what I do know now is that this is a pretty popular communication app, these young guys are on it all day and this chat seems to take priority over everything. Fail a class, no worries, chat comes first. I have heard from employers that they answer phone calls and messages during job interviews and during performance management sessions.

For this very reason, many companies have banned mobile phone use during work hours, some employers even go to the extreme of locking mobile phones in a safe box during the hours of work. Can you really blame employers? So I set about and downloaded myself an app as well, I can chat to people when required but I must admit, if I used this app once a month, that would be heavy usage for me. Needless to say, I won't be caught using this app when I should be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment