Pages

Thursday 8 April 2021

Paid toilets

I still can't get used to paying for toilets, coming from Perth, this just isn't something that we are really used to. I understand running facilities comes at a cost, but every property owner pays rates in their locality. I don't think we should start back charging non-locals is the answer.


I recall a line up at the train station in Cologne, there was a long line for the toilets with an entry barrier requiring €1 to enter. There was even a change machine at the entrance where a separate line was required to have the right change ready, then for the women, a new line existed.

This was a serious money making exercise, I didn't hang around long enough to do the maths, but if 15 people went through in the minute I was lining up and I multiply by sixty, we can see they are turning over €900 per hour - this is a pretty decent little business.

No comments:

Post a Comment