Pages

Tuesday 13 April 2021

No camera

When I started travelling in a serious manner, it was before the internet, mobile phones and digital cameras. I never took a camera with me, there were rolls of film to carry around with you to later develop. It was a hassle I didn't need.


My philosophy was back then that I would keep travelling and not worry about past trips, that way I would always be seeking new adventures and destinations to visit. That was when I was young, fit and muscular, I was in pretty good condition - this is no longer the case.

My memory is still good, I admit, I don't remember every day of a trip as those trips went for three to six months at a time. Back then, a two week trip was just a short break from work before getting back into it. A three to six month trip meant resigning from my job before returning to Perth to earn some money to pay for the next trip.

As I was either working flat out, well over eighty hours per week when I returned, I never much thought about photography or where I had just been - there was just work and rest. When I was away overseas - I was living. I felt back then I was too busy doing it to ever bother photographing these activities.

Funnily enough, the rare photographs I had of this period were taken by other people and mailed to my parent’s address in Perth, they then had an idea where I was and what I was up to, who I was with and what I was doing. This is the only records I have of these trips. Apart from passport entries and stamps, I have no other record of these trips.

2 comments:

  1. Babyliss Pro nano Titanium Curling Iron Handle for Shave
    › › TINY-ART-TAIL › TINY-ART-TAIL The Handle is designed titanium blade for grade 23 titanium shavebers and skin enthusiasts who can enjoy a close and titanium hair trimmer comfortable shave. The Handle omega titanium contains the perfect blend of essential oils titanium bong

    ReplyDelete