Pages

Tuesday 27 April 2021

I dive for myself now

My days of employment as a dive guide and dive instructor are well behind me, I still dive but not in a professional capacity anymore.


I'm fine with this arrangement, I don't want the responsibility of looking after other people and want to dive for myself these days. That makes me less than an ideal dive partner if you are inexperienced and just starting out; as a paying customer I am there to maximise my dive experiences.

The role of the dive staff are create memorable experiences for their customers, the last thing they want is customers getting in and possibly causing issues with how the shop is run. Further complications such as insurance then arises if something goes terribly wrong.

Legalisation such worker’s compensation may not cover customers taking it upon themselves to instruct divers and any injuries based on your advice may see you with a legal bill. The dive shop may have preferences in terms of the continuing education they offer, it is, after all their livelihoods at stake here.

No comments:

Post a Comment