Pages

Saturday 19 September 2020

Getting abused by losers - big deal

So I received some pre-warning when I returned to Perth, I was going to cop an ear full of abuse from some of my former colleagues when I volunteered over the weekend for the WorldSkills competition.


This all stemmed from a private email I wrote based to a former colleague based on a discussion we had prior to my departure. What I do know is the blow-hards and non-performers are pretty sensitive about their lack of ability.

The reason I left this employer was the toxic work environment based upon the lack of leadership by those instilled to provide direction. That being said, I should be a little more respectful of their knowledge and skill short-comings.

This is why that toxic work environment exists, they are miserable and I am laughing at them. They are running around weeks ahead of the event telling everyone around the office how they are going to abuse.

It gets better, I never applied for this job, they contacted me and made a reasonable offer that I decided not to refuse. Whilst it is an international location earning US dollars, they pick up flights, accommodation and all costs.

My post-tax income in US dollars is higher than their pre-tax income in Australian dollars, not that the salary was the deciding factor, but it helps pay the bills. What annoys them more is the fact that I won't brag about salary because they want to know what I am earning.

The biggest laugh for me is I never spent my full salary anyway, my mortgage was discharged at age 28. I paid it off after 6 years so my life after 30 was one of no financial stress, I invested some, spent a whole lot on travel and enjoying myself.

My move was all about the challenge and I am loving my new job and team mates whom I hold in high regard, unlike these other blow-hards. This is exactly why talent leaves and non-performers remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment