Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Money can't buy happiness

It is often said that money can't buy happiness, I think this is a myth perpetrated by people without means and motivation.


Being poor doesn't necessarily make you any happier either, more than likely you lack medical facilities and opportunity. This is just an excuse to explain a lack of means - a cop out.

What money buys is life experiences, I am a diver and I have had the opportunity to dive in a number of countries and regions. Likewise, I am into sailing and have sailed in different locations and I hope to do more in the future.

I am not travelling first class, I stay in humble accommodation and use local transport as much as possible. I have worked as a dive guide and dive instructor in a number of countries and whilst the money isn't fantastic, the life experiences are.

I don't own the yacht, I know how to crew the various positions, set and trim sails and I race yachts throughout the summer months. When required, I always make my time available to work on the yacht to support the boat owner.

I sleep on the boat or stay at cheap accommodation without running showers instead using a small saucepan to tip cold water over my head. You wash yourself and cold water during the summer months isn’t an issue, life experience is everything and you don’t need to travel first class to experience it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi to all, the blog has really the dreadful information I really enjoyed a lot.
    the bitcoin blueprint

    ReplyDelete