Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Getting back into shape

I was pretty athletic before, mind you I had a couple of things going for me. I was young, I trained like a semi-professional athlete and I had very active employment.


I am older now, I traded the outdoor lifestyle to study and I have an office job. That being said, I completed my study over a year ago yet I haven't regained my fitness. I was working full-time, studying part-time and trying to get some fitness activities in where I could.

Even though I was studying I got to the gym twice a week, ran 5 km twice a week and did some extra weight sessions at home. That wasn't enough, the study commitments got the better of me and I reduced the weights to one session a week before finishing all together.

Weekends were about study and writing up assignments, there was no social time and what time I did spend out was always getting done quickly so I could return home to work. I stopped driving to work so I could use my time more efficiently by catching the train to work so I could read required text and note take.

So now I embark on a career change, a new job includes a new lifestyle and I am positive I will change my lifestyle and regain fitness. I will be back in the gym, back running and I have purchased a new mountain bike to start cycling again. I am really excited about my renewed vigor and outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment