Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2018

The Omega Aqua Terra Golf Edition

Is the Aqua Terra the entry-level Omega? On my first inspection, I would have said yes. Whilst I came to this assumption based on the features, finish and depth rating of this particular timepiece, I was found to be totally incorrect in this assumption after checking actual pricing.


My father had an Omega Chronostop reference 145.009 in the 1970s and 1980s with a NATO strap, back then I thought he was a little uncool. Fast forward to 2017 with the release of the Aqua Terra Golf Edition; the Aqua Terra is now issued with a NATO strap - it appears my old man was ahead of his time.

The 41 mm stainless steel case is water resistant to 150 metres and although the Aqua Terra falls within the Seamaster range, I don't personally identify this timepiece as a marine style watch. I understand my logic is flawed as the Aqua Terra looks closer to the 1948 Seamaster designs than the comtemporary Seamaster 300, Planet Ocean and Diver 300 timepieces.

The 8900 automatic movement, resistant to 15,000 gauss is equipped with Omega's co-axial escapement and has a 60 hours power reserve. The case finish is finely polished supporting a scratch resistance sapphire crystal and a screw-in display case back. The screw-in crown ensures the integrity of the case and along with the fore mentioned NATO strap, the Aqua Terra Golf Edition is cool again.

No comments:

Post a Comment