Pages

Thursday 23 August 2018

Mounting a dive knife

Gone are the days where a scuba diver would strap the largest stainless steel knife to their lower leg before heading off into the water. It was a terrible location, if you got entangled then it was actually difficult to access and would frequently snag. I'm glad I relocated my dive knife early in my diving career.


These days dive knives have become smaller, sharper and manufactured from more exotic materials like titanium. So many options are now available to mount a knife to either your jacket, harness or low pressure inflator hose.

The adaptor for the low pressure inflator is my choice of mounting point but it is not without its problems yet I consider it the best option. I do change regulators often and prefer my knife mounted on my jacket.

Previously I had just used cable ties to secure the knife using the leg strap slots directly to the inflator hose attached to the BCD although these days I find it easier to just use the mount that accompanies the knife.

1 comment: