Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Viber - a pretty reasonable messaging app

Viber, the free video app for mobile phones is really popular in the Philippines; forget Skype, Viber is the program of choice over there. I see telephone, email and Viber details listed for every business, every taxi has a Viber number, even the infamous Philippines jeepney has their Viber details advertised on the side of their vehicle.


I only became aware of Viber through friends living in South-East Asia; the app hasn't really taken off in Australia, not to the same extent as many of the SE-Asian countries. Gone forever are the days of the outrageous phone bills for calling overseas, pretty soon I will be able to get rid of my landline and all of the associated costs. While you still need an operational mobile phone for Viber to work, you are not burning up precious call time with expensive overseas calls - great.

However, like anything there is a downside as you could be burning up mobile download data on your phone, this is why I choose to log onto the work WiFi network and make my calls from there. This is a really good program I can easily download to my tablet or mobile phone that always seems to work.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! this

    ReplyDelete