Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Leeuwin Estate 2013 sauvignon blanc

The Leeuwin Estate 2013 Art Series sauvignon blanc is an exceptional but pricey sav blanc, the tasting notes describe this outstanding example holding floral notes of jasmine and citrus blossom - that I detect. They go a little further citing lemon flesh, lime zest pink lady apples and blackcurrent - I'm struggling now. What I do get is a complex sav blanc that is one third matured in second hand barrels that doesn't detract from the fruit driven nature of this wine. 


So the tasting notes tell me the palate is tight and fine with generous persistence; tahitian lime, lemon curd, white nectarine and black pastilles combine together and are driven by a sparkling acid line. Furthermore, the delicate creaminess tand spice is threaded throughout the mid palate,offering depth, texture and length. Whoa, I know the professionals are at work but the question is, does a hack like me wish to part with the $30 for a sauvignon blanc when the trend is towards semillon and riesling or cheaper the pinot gris and classic white blends?

No comments:

Post a Comment