Pages

Thursday 29 September 2016

Taipei - well maybe

As a Asian traveler, I really need to visit the major centres of the region at least once in my life, so Taipei needs to be placed on the list. I hadn't thought much about Taipei until friends of mine were considering moving there to live for a number of years, they have visited a number of times and really liked the place.


So what did I know about Taipei? Not much really, I knew this was an ultra modern city equipped with a pretty formidable navy, this tiny nation wasn't going to take any backchat from China despite kind of being of Chinese origin. As a child and later as a teenager, we learned pretty quickly Taiwan was a manufacturer of all things cheap and nasty. So much to my embarrassment, I will have to plan a Taiwan trip with a distinct lack of knowledge, I hope to know a little about the country after spending a little time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment