Pages

Thursday 28 July 2016

Blackberry Bold

Whilst the latest Blackberry smartphone didn't exactly reverse the company's fortunes, I was able to upgrade my old BlackBerry Curve to the later release Bold model. Whilst this is my traveling and hence reserve phone, I maintain a second phone on a overseas plan for international work and travel. There is much to like with the Bold even though it is an old model, I don't concern myself for the latest model, I just enjoy the functionality of a phone that works.


Moving away from the all plastic case of the Curve, the Bold integrates metal and plastic to give users a robust casing that carries a certain style. The letters of the keypad are larger than the previous model although I do have some issues typing with my big fingers. The Bold does have a touchscreen of sorts, not a full touchscreen function like an Android or Apple device but certain functions can use either the keypad or touch.

Blackberry still has a strong presence in South-East Asia unlike its declining markets in the United States, Western Europe and Australia. I believe BlackBerry devices are favoured by governments due to the high security features Research in Motion has embedded in their devices. I hope BlackBerry as we know it still has a market as I would hate to see this company disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment