Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2020

What's going on at Myer?

What was once one of the leading retailers in Australia, Myer has been on a downward trajectory for a long time. Heritage, prestige and history count for nothing in the new retail environment, in the US, Bloomingdale's has filed for bankruptcy protection along with Chicago based Sears.


So, what's going on at Myer? You walk into their stores and you cannot find a sales assistant that can help you, if you do they are staff for another brand. It is difficult to locate sales staff, it is up to you to track them down.

If you are able to track down a sales assistant, they will look into the computer system so ad to inform you they don't hold this in this store, you will have to go to another store at another location if that is what you want.

I am told their inventory is all old, that I am unsure about as I don't really know the latest fashion trends, nor would I want to sometimes. That being said, my customer service experience has been different.

Recently I was in their store asking for something they did not stock, the sales assistant was using the computer to my locate retailers in the general area where I could purchase this item so I would never complain about their customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment