Pages

Saturday 22 August 2020

They hate us because they ain't us

I deal with haters everyday, this is a prerequisite of working in the government. The haters work against you, this is the government way; they don’t assist, they don’t create value and they certainly don’t serve the business.


I have been advised the term haters stands for having anger towards everyone reaching success, this isn’t a bad analogy and I cannot claim it as my creation. My attitude of haters is they are jealous of success, but this is really based on their failures.

I have also been told that “I have never seen a hater doing better than me” and once again, this isn’t my creation and sums it up well. Based on my years in the government and their cultural voids, bullying type behaviour is rampant so a high performing individual requires strategies to counter the haters.

My view is never get involved in a direct confrontation with a hater, this is the situation they crave, you need to out maneuver them and not accommodate them. Firstly, ignoring them is easy, only speak to them if they initiate a direct conversation where an answer is required.

Always be polite to them, they try to bait you and the more restraint you display, the more it irritates them. Naturally, never initiate a conversation, they are not your friend although they may attempt to be exactly that. They will try to take credit for your accomplishments so be on guard, be ready to act and call them out and embarrass them in group situations.

This is about them, this isn’t about you and one suspects their life is miserable, hence - their actions. You have two choices, you either reach out to them or ignore them, but since they are the ones who are attacking you, the better option is to neutralise their influence by mocking them subversively.

Still, never let these fools get to you, their main role is to motivate you, you out-perform them, you receive the promotions they never earn. Despite stealing your work, they don’t have much to offer and despite their noise, informed people see straight through them. If they don’t - then they are idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment