Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2020

My TAG Heuer Aquaracer

I purchased my TAG Heuer Aquaracer after a fair amount of research. I had viewed an older model at Changi Airport on an earlier trip and he informed me this watch had sat around for a while.


As I knew I was returning a month or so later, I had planned to pick up this excellent example of an older 2016 model Aquaracer. Those hopes were dashed on my next trip to find the watch had already been sold - I was too late.

So a plan B was required, so I was making enquiries in Mazzucchelli's Jewellers in Karrinyup Shopping Centre when I was able to negotiate a decent price. We had a plan where I placed a deposit on the timepiece as I had my Bali Christmas trip organised but was outside the 60 days time frame for receiving a GST refund via duty free allowances.

My plan was simple, make my purchase just before my overseas trip and receive the GST rebate as allowed. Making an expensive purchase isn't an issue with me, I am happy enough for the watch to sit in their retail outlet until I was ready to travel.

The last thing I wasted mg this timepiece getting too much wrist time gaining scratches and dents. That would make it difficult for me to state my case as I cleared customs, this wasn't an issue as they didn't even request to see the merchandise as I completed the necessary forms.

I didn't need to even carry the box with me although that wasn't really a hassle as I was just travelling to Bali and back for a week. I later learned that they want to see the packaging but only when they are on duty, evening or late night flights only require the filling of forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment