Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2018

An hour in the Panerai store

I was wandering around the Shangri La mall in Mandaluyong and I was pretty interested in the Omega and Rolex stores alongside each other when I chanced upon the Panerai store.


As I wandered in and spun around I was immediately taken by the black & white nautical photographs hanging on the wall. Not only do I love sailing photographs, I really love old time yachts powered up hiking into the wind with their abundance of sail area.

This is a style and branding suiting my interests, this is a brand I feel comfortable with. I already knew that Panerai was a brand exclusively supplying the Italian navy, only recently expanding to the luxury items market.

The retail assistant was very knowledgeable, she knew her product and very enthusiastic to run me through their range. I had planned for a quick look around the store with the possibility of trying on a single timepiece. Sure, she is commissioned based and working in sales but I felt she exceeded her job description.

Sales staff are normally pretty vary of time wasters and I was up front that I wouldn't be purchasing today. You normally expect a degree of disinterested service and minimal effort, this is to be expected with the current short-term views to retail. Whilst I wasn't in the market for a Panerai timepiece that day, when I am ready, I know where to go and who to speak to.

No comments:

Post a Comment