Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Gardens by the Bay

One of the great new attractions in Singapore is Gardens by the Bay, when I say new, I mean new to me. I have traveled to Singapore many times over the years but it has been some time since I stepped out of Changi airport on route to other locations. This was a dedicated Singapore trip so it was time to reacquaint myself with the sights of the city state of Singapore.


My last trip to Singapore was in 2010, this was over the course of a weekend for an expo where we were exhibitors. A business trip, unlike a short holiday leaves little time for pleasure so I missed seeing the construction of this exotic garden. It's good, it's really good.

The day we went it was overcast; there was a little drizzle around, with the temperatures plummeting, it was a welcome relief from the previous two days where the temperature really sizzled. The Singapore CBD, on a latitude of 1.29° N is not far off the equator so it isn't unrealistic to expect hot and muggy weather.

Wandering around this park in the cooler temperatures was a fantastic way to spend the morning, this is an excellent tourist site. There is plenty to see at the gardens and when you are finished there Marina Bay Sands is a short stroll with Marina Bay and Boat and Clarke Quays pretty close.

You have the option of walking around, this is my first choice or the MRT can get you there cheaply and effectively. I never even bothered viewing the numerous biosphere in the gardens, I was pretty happy with what I saw and I have places to view on future trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment