Pages

Thursday 29 October 2015

Lycra clad wa..ers on the footpath

I was running around Lake Monger in the morning on a dual use walkway/cycleway and needed to move from the path to my route across the grass. I didn't need to look behind me as I was moving faster the walkers on the path.


No need to look back as I was moving faster than the walkers, I was nearly run down from behind as a lycra clad shaved legged wanker hurtles past me way too fast.

I copped a torrent of abuse from this fool and returned fire by telling him in no uncertain terms that he is required to ring his bell. It is not only cars having trouble with the lycra clad wanker brigade, it is pedestrians and runners too.

It is about time we licensed bike riders for both the road and paths, they need to carry insurance like vehicles do and carry a minimum of safety equipment - namely bells and lights. Furthermore, they should should be fined for failing to adhere to the rules in the same manner that car drivers are fined.

What are these guys racing so fast on a dual use pathway for? If you want to go that fast then go to a velodrome, what do they think they are doing, a stage on the Tour de France?

Is the weight of the 45 gram bell going to slow terminal velocity down, create too much wind resistance or throw the balance of the handlebars out? Get real and show some respect for road users be it car drivers or walkers and joggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment