Pages

Thursday 8 October 2015

Krispy Kreme doughnuts

Maybe it is just me, because I do not see the attraction of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I understand they are very popular. On my travels to the Philippines, I saw a number of outlets, especially at the airport. The Manila residents heading out to the provinces would carry on as hand luggage boxes of this stuff - I thought they were mad. 


You could imagine my surprise when the first store opened in Perth and people lined up outside for hours - you have to be kidding. I have had Krispy Kreme doughnuts before and I don't think they are particularly good, their toppings are too sugary and they are over-priced. Yet, you have to respect their marketing abilities, they have taken a mediocre product at best and made it a sought after product. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen the attraction in Krispy Kreme doughnuts either. I'd take one of the old-fashioned (warm) cinnamon doughnuts any day.

    Have you noticed how KK dedicated outlets have disappeared (well, at least in Sydney)? They do seem to be available in some other stores, e.g. larger service stations and 7-Eleven outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the best of my knowledge Andrew there is only the one store in Perth, that opening was in November last year and people started camping outside the Whitfords store three days earlier. Apparently there is a second store opening in Myaree sometime this year - we are a little slow over here in the west.

    ReplyDelete