Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2014

My old backpack

It's still another two years until we hit our twenty year anniversary; yanked off the top of the wardrobe and thrust back into action, my old Mountain Design backpack still does the job as required.


These last nine years, I generally travel overseas four to five times per year for short trips. For these mostly diving trips, I take my High Sierra bag that doubles as a small backpack. At 65 litres capacity, this backpack is just too large for short trips lugging diving equipment with me, I choose a much smaller capacity kit. Of course, I have a duffel bag only for dive equipment.

Now I have long service leave, three and a half months on the road starting in Sydney, Dubai, Italy and then onto who knows where for two months before spending the final four weeks in the United States. It was high time we got reacquainted again, it feels like we have never been apart.

2 comments:

  1. Sob ... I had a Mountain Designs which did me 18 years good service until Tiger Air lost it on our way back from Penang this year! Devastated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the bright side, I know I am struggling here, with Tiger Air's reputation, losing a bag might be a reasonable outcome, at least they didn't lose the plane. I think they lost their airworthiness compliance for a while.

      Delete