Pages

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Back diving in Anilao

It has been a year, but finally I am back diving in Anilao with Ronnie, Rene and the rest of the team at Anilao Diving. I enjoy diving here, this isn't the best diving in the Philippines - yet I like diving here with this crew.


An excellent start to diving saw us lead off with a 70 minute dive followed by after the surface interval with an 84 minute dive before heading back across the bay to aquaVenture for lunch and a 70 minute afternoon dive.


I once again stayed at the excellent aquaVenture resort, the weekend was very busy with the usual groups out from Manila.


My trip last year saw me staying at Mayumi Resort in the same area, I do prefer the location of my 2012 trip much more. It isn't cheap by Philippine standards, but nonetheless, it is my preferred option.


During the week, the resort was much quieter, a Chinese group kept the place busy. They had some TDI technical courses goin on, some rebreathers and sidemounts set-ups, there was plenty of doubles and stage cylinders on hand too.


Weekdays are normally pretty quiet as their usual Manila based clientele is busy working for the weekend. The last time I stayed here, I was the sole person in the resort, another group booked in as the Chinese group was heading back so the place is busy as the Philippine summer was starting.


The sunsets over the water are excellent, it is a hassle carting wine from Manila, yet sitting out watching the sunset makes the hassle worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment