Pages

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Losing my Bolle glasses overboard

So I lost my Bolle glasses overboard - what a hassle. I was out on the yacht and my lightweight Bolle sunglasses came off, rattled down the deck in slow motion before resting against the rear cleat before washing over the transom.


I wasn’t happy, not about the cost but about the glare, it really hurt my eyes. The problem was the glasses were too light, they easily unclipped from my shirt. I guess they were not suited to wearing out on the boat, not that I was actually wearing them at the time.

So I went into work and ordered some new polarised glasses online to replace them. Within the day I had a new package arrive with Bolle Raptor glasses. I then thought these are great for the boat, but not so good for riding my bike.

So when I was down at the local safety workwear shop, I found some Rush Smoke Lens for $6.95, so now I have some riding glasses and some boat glasses. The wrap-around glasses are great for the boat as they really keep the glare out.

The lightweight plastic glasses are for the bike, they don't bounce around on the bumps and fall down my face when contact is made with my helmet. Seems like losing my glasses overboard was a good thing, that was after my eyes recovered from the glare.

No comments:

Post a Comment