Pages

Thursday 25 February 2021

Dairy Queen - great product but terrible service

During trips to South-East Asia I am exposed to an array of American products yet to be seen in Australia, this is great as I had advanced knowledge of franchises such as Krispy Kreme, Tony Romas, California Pizza Kitchen and Dairy Queen.


I have to admit, during sojourns to SE-Asia I don't mind slurping on one of their ice-cream cups mixed with crushed kit-kat or crunchie chocolates. I see the Oreo biscuit mix is pretty popular too but I have never drifted too far from my favoured chocolate kit-kat blizzard drink. I'm sure the major brands are more than happy to support this company as their sales of product would make them a major client with plenty of bargaining power.

I was in one of their branches where a sign informed us that if no receipt was offered then the purchase was free. Bringing to their attention the failure to produce a receipt resulted in no free ice-cream drink. Now while I am not worried about the cost of the ice-cream, they advertised their code of conduct and they failed to deliver. Really, this is pretty pathetic, the cost of an ice-cream is negotiable but the loss of trust is difficult to repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment