Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Perth to Johannesburg

The Perth to Johannesburg flight is always full, there is crying babies, children darting in and out but never seeming to get in the way or trill my up. I find this a pretty decent flight considering I don't enjoy a flight full of children. 


The flight departs at 23:40 and is a very popular route, for many this is a connecting flight to the O.R. Tambo International Airport for other African destinations. For me, this is a work flight for my eight weeks on, two weeks off leave rotation. I am only new to the company, but I already feel like I have been making this commute for a while.

Looking at the clientele, these are not really workers in the sense that I am used to, these are families looking like they heading off on holiday and in a relaxed mood. I am already starting to switch on, my mind is looking to the job, I already have my hand-over notes and I am beginning to address the pertinent issues in my mind.

For me, I will be arriving around 04:30, heading through immigration, picking up my bags and straight to check-in for the company flight to the Democratic Republic of Congo. I have a little time to burn, check-in opens at 05:00 and closes at 06:00, so I have a little leeway here.

I know my way around the airport, I know where I have to go and I can get there in time without too many hassles. This trip is beginning to become familiar, I know the routine and I can just get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment