Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2017

The Goo Goo Dolls

The Goo Goo Dolls have been around for a long time now, yet I have never seen them in concert - for me, this is a real shame. They are a fantastic indie band with a loyal following, they have plenty of recognisable songs on the radio - yet the average listener usually can't identify the band. I viewed their Live in Buffalo outdoor concert on the 4th of July in near torrential rain, they performed well in the conditions - they were highly impressive in their home town.


I tend to enjoy their anonymity, I am not employed to market the band so it matters little to me if they are popular or not. While my attitude may be somewhat disproportionate to my level of support for the band; I would love to see them live, that is something that has alluded me. I know they tour in the United States, I am unaware if they have ever toured Australia and even if they have, Western Australia is routinely left off many touring artist's itinerary.

They have released a number of albums, my favourite was Dizzy up the Girl, a real breakthrough album gaining critical acclaim. The song Iris featured on the album becoming the lead song as soundtrack for the City of Angels motion picture staring Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan, this catapulted the band into the mainstream. I think plenty of people know the band's name, they know the tunes without knowing the name of the song and they usually can't connect the song to the band on most instances. As for me, I will continue as a loyal supporter someday hoping to catch them play live.

No comments:

Post a Comment