Pages

Tuesday 23 May 2017

A dive centre of arrogance

What type of bullshit is this? What is going on here? I went down to see the dive crew at the dive centre the evening before to organise my diving, they were nowhere to be seen in the afternoon when I arrived.


I was told the boat was leaving at 7:30am and was told the dive crew would come and see me, they didn't. I had accommodation at the centre; they use the term resort, this is a little liberal, it is budget accommodation. So I was up in my room reading a book and came down for dinner and spoke with the dive crew to organise.

I was now told the dive would leave at 9:00am instead, I asked are they sure and they told me a resounding yes. So I told them my room number, actually showed them my key and asked them to knock on my door at 7:00am if there is a change of plans. Yes yes I was told, they knew I was in room 23, a distance of less than 20 metres distance, not that difficult.

So in the morning, before 8:30am; I headed down early to be ready and was told the boat left at 8:00am and I had missed it. An afternoon dive at 1:00pm maybe, I asked them "why the fuck did I come here then?" They were just not interested and they walked off. Is it 1:00pm, or 2:00pm or do I head down at 12:30pm only to be told they have already left at 12:00?

This place has descended into total confusion, is not customer service orientated and they really don't care - they are arrogant and it shows. You go on a dive holiday and you have limited time and these fools just waste your time. Fortunately, we live in the technology age, if you are treated poorly by a business, no longer do you have to take this, you are well within your rights to tell as many people as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment