Pages

Thursday 8 December 2016

40 minute dives on holidays

You work hard to earn a living, you save your money and you become proficient in a specific activity only to be dudded when you go on holiday by lazy resort staff. It's not right when you fly 12 hours with a further 4 hour combined bus trip, jeepney and trike ride to end up at your dive destination to be rewarded with a divemaster who sees this private charter as an opportunity to take it easy.


When you have a boat to yourself, abeit a small banca, you are paying for the boat crew and dive guide and none of the costs are shared. Needless to say, this really grates on me as a longtime client of the business. So where does this lead me? I three choices - I can complain, I can accept this and do nothing or I can never return to this business - I am currently contemplating the third option. I did complain and told my dive guide that I didn't come all this way for 40 minute dives so he still ended up sitting in the boat after 40 minutes and I dived the final third of the dive by myself - outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment